The Medicare Access & CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) reforms Medicare payments and changes how Medicare pays those who give care to Medicare beneficiaries. These changes create a Quality Payment Program (QPP), which has two paths:
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
MIPS and APMs will go into effect over a timeline from 2015 through 2021 and beyond. Most practices will fall under MIPS, especially small practices (15 or fewer clinicians). Under MIPS, Eligible Professionals (EPs) will be measured on:
- Resource use
- Clinical practice improvement
- Meaningful use of certified EHR technology (Advancing Care Information)
So how does PatientClick® help you with MACRA-QPP-MIPS?
+ Advancing Care Information - Our solution includes EHR that is certified for Meaningful Use and helps you remain compliant. CMS is looking to a flexible design that allows clinicians to select a customizable set of measures that reflects how they use electronic health records (EHRs) in their day-to-day work. There are multiple paths to success in the Advancing Care Information category. The category emphasizes interoperability and information exchange.
+ Clinical Practice Improvement Activities - Assists with activity areas under the sub-categories of Expanded Practice Access, Population Management, and Beneficiary Engagement. Some examples:
- Use of alternatives to increase access to care team by MIPS eligible clinicians and groups, such as e-visits
- Use of telehealth services and analysis of data for quality improvement, such as participation in remote specialty care consults
- Use reminders and outreach (e.g., emails and patient portals) to alert and educate patients about services due
- Access to an enhanced patient portal that provides up to date information related to relevant chronic disease health or blood pressure control, and includes interactive features allowing patients to enter health information and/or enables bidirectional communication about medication changes and adherence
- Engage patients, family and caregivers in developing a plan of care and prioritizing their goals for action, documented in the certified EHR technology
Call us at 877-901-9990 ext. 512 for more information or a demonstration.
For official information on MACRA click here.